Affiliierte Professoren - Gastprofessor
Kackertstraße 7, 1. Etage
Wim Naudé is Professor of Business and Entrepreneurship at Maastricht University and Professorial Fellow at UNU-MERIT. He is also affiliated with TIME as Visiting Professor of Technology, Entrepreneurship and Development. Wim is also a Research Fellow at the IZA Institute of Labor Economics in Bonn, Germany. A graduate of the University of Warwick, his previous appointment includes being Senior Research Fellow at the United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) in Helsinki, Finland and Lecturer and Research Officer at the University of Oxford, UK. Between 2012 and 2018 he also served as Dean of the Maastricht School of Management. He has been policy advisor to a number of international organizations on issues of global development, including the World Bank, OECD, IFC, UNCTAD, UNIDO, the European Commission, Club de Madrid, Development Bank of Southern Africa and others. His research in economics is broadly concerned with technological innovation, entrepreneurship and human development.
- Technology and inclusive development
- Artificial intelligence and long-run human development
- Exponential technologies and public procurement of innovation
- The future of manufacturing
- Climate-tech entrepreneurship
- High-tech start-up ecosystems and their impact on sustainable development
- Trade and technology transfer to emerging economies
- Naudé, W. (2017). Entrepreneurship, Education and the Fourth Industrial Revolution in Africa, IZA Discussion Paper no. 10855, Bonn: IZA Institute of Labor Economics.
- Owoo, N. and Naudé, W. (2017). Spatial Proximity and Firm Performance: Evidence from Non-Farm Rural Enterprises in Ethiopia and Nigeria, Regional Studies, 51 (5): 688-700.
- Szirmai, A., Naudé, W. and Alcorta, L. eds. 2017. Pathways to Industrialization in the Twenty-First Century: New Challenges and Emerging Paradigms. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Naudé, W., (2016). Is European Entrepreneurship in Crisis? CESIfo DICE Report 3/2016, pp. 3-7.
- Naudé, W., Szirmai, A., and Haraguchi, N. eds. 2015. Structural Change and Industrial Development in the BRICS. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Naudé, W. and Nagler, P. (2015). Industrialisation, Innovation, Inclusion, UNIDO Working Paper 15/2015, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, Vienna.
- Gries, T., Naudé, W. and Bilkic, N. (2013). The Radical Innovation Investment Decision Refined, IZA Discussion Paper no. 7338, IZA Institute of Labor Economics, Bonn.
- Naudé, W. and Gries, T. (2011). Entrepreneurship and Human Development: A Capability Approach, Journal of Public Economics, 95 (3): 216-224.
- Naudé, W., Szirmai, A., and Goedhuys, M. eds. (2011). Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Economic Development. Oxford: Oxford University Press.