PersonUniversitätsprofessor Dr. rer. pol.
Professor and Head of Group
- by appointment only
Stefanie Paluch studied business administration at the University of Dortmund and at the Ceram Business School in France with her majors in international management, corporate management and marketing. After her diploma, she was a research assistant within the department of marketing at TU Dortmund University. For her dissertation entitled ‘Customer Perception of Remote Service Technologies’ Stefanie Paluch received the dissertation award in 2011 by TU Dortmund University. Prior to joining RWTH Aachen University, Stefanie Paluch was an interim professor for innovation and technology management, 2013 to 2014 and an assistant professor for service and technology management, 2012 to 2014, both at the Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Social Sciences at TU Dortmund University. Her research and teaching is concerned with innovative topics such as risk and frustration with smart technologies in the B2B-context. Stefanie Paluch is a member of several international research communities. She regularly presents her work at international conferences (AMA, AMS, AIB, AIS) and publishes her research in leading outlets such as the Journal of Service Research or the Journal of Service Management. Stefanie Paluch received the Rudolf-Chaudoire Award for outstanding research achievements.
- Acceptance of technology-based Services (Remote Services/Smart Technologies)
- Marketing of innovative Services and new Technologies
- Social Media Marketing
- Business-to-Business Marketing
Stipends and Awards
- Teaching Award Summer Term 2014 Best Lecture with under 50 Participants „International Service Management“.
- Top 5 Finalist VHB-Best Paper Award 2014 German Academic Association for Business Research »Service Separation and Customer Satisfaction: Assessing the Service Separation/Customer Integration Paradox«, in: Journal of Service Research, 16 (3), S. 415-427
- Rudolf-Chaudoire-Research Award for Outstanding Research, TU Dortmund University.
- Stipend for Visiting Professorship, Stiftung Mercator.
- Teaching Award Summer Term 2013 Best Lecture with under 50 Participants „International Service Management“.
- Selected Winner of Travel Grant der Academy of Marketing Science World Marketing Congress, Melbourne Australia.
- Teaching Award Summer Term 2012 Best Lecture with over 200 Participants “Presentation Techniques”.
- Best Reviewer Award, Academy of International Business, Washington D.C.
- Selected Winner of Travel Grant der Academy of Marketing Science AMS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, USA
- Dissertation Award 2011 TU Dortmund University.
- Teaching Award Summer Term 2011 Best Lecture with over 200 Participants “Presentation Techniques”.
- Travel Stipend Academy of International Business Junior Faculty Consortium, Nagoya, Japan.
- Selected Winner of Travel Grant der Academy of Marketing Science AMS Annual Meeting, Coral Gables, USA.
- Travel Stipend Academy of International Business Doctoral Consortium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Travel Stipend Academy of International Business Doctoral Consortium, San Diego, USA.
- Teaching Award Winter Term 2009 Best Lecture with under 50 Participants „Consumer Behaviour“.
- Paluch, S./Blut, M.: „Service Separation and Customer Satisfaction: Assessing the Service Separation/Customer Integration Paradox.” Journal of Service Research, August 2013, 16 no. 3, 415-427.
- Paluch, S.: Customer Expectations of Remote Maintenance Services in the Medical Equipment Industry, Journal of Service Management, Special Issue on The Management of Complex Engineering Service Systems (forthcoming 2014).
- Paluch, S./Blut, M.: Remote Services-Satisfaction: An Initial Examination, Proceedings of International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Association for Information Systems, Paper 3, December 2011, Shanghai, China, http://aisel.aisnet.org/icis2011/proceedings/servicescience/3.