PersonDr. rer. pol.
- Phone: +49 241 80 96222
- Supervision of research projects
- Conception and implementation of projects with third-party funding
- Assistant Professor since January 2015
- Ph.D. (2011)
- Research Associate at Innovation and Entrepreneurship Group (WIN), RWTH Aachen University (2008 - 2010)
- Studies of Business Administration at University of Cologne (Germany) and ESADE Barcelona (Spain) with a focus on Corporate Finance, Controlling and Statistics (2000 – 2006)
- Practical experience as founder & managing director of a technology start-up (www.guloka.com), case team leader at a leading management consultancy (Bain & Company), coach for founders at the Aachen Entrepreneurship Center and in various internships (e.g., DaimlerChrysler AG, Sal. Oppenheim)
- Project „AVIPAC“ (Advanced Valorisation of Intellectual Property in Aachen) in cooperation with the technology transfer department of RWTH Aachen University
- National and international teaching experience as lecturer (e.g., Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok; Tsinghua University, Beijing)
- Innovation/ Technology/ Knowledge Management
- Business Model Innovation
- Regression Analysis, Structural Equation Modelling
- AMOS, SPSS, STATA, PLS
- Primary data (quantitative surveys) and secondary data
Double-blind refereed journal articles (Selection)
- "Entrepreneurs' Perceived Exit Performance: Conceptualization and Scale Development", Journal of Business Venturing, 2018, 33 (3), 351-370 (with P. Gebhard, D. Feierabend, M. Brettel)
- “Share Repurchases and Myopia: Implications on the Stock and Consumer Markets”, Journal of Marketing, 2018, 82 (2), 19-41 (with David Bendig, Daniel Willmann, Malte Brettel).
- “On micro-foundations of dynamic capabilities: A multi-level perspective based on CEO personality and knowledge-based capital”, Long Range Planning, forthcoming (with David Bendig, Tessa C. Flatten, Maika da Costa, Malte Brettel).
- “The Impact of Information Technology on New Product Development Performance”, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 2017, 34 (6), 719-738 (with Timo Mauerhoefer, Malte Brettel).
- “Temporal Change Patterns of Entrepreneurial Orientation: A Longitudinal Investigation of CEO Successions”, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice,2017, 41 (4), 591-619 (with Bastian Grühn, Tessa C. Flatten, Nikolai Jäger, Malte Brettel).
- ”The Link Between Operational Leanness and Credit Ratings”, Journal of Operations Management, 2017, 52, 46-55 (with David Bendig, Malte Brettel).
- “CEO’s Passion for Inventing and Radical Innovations in SMEs: The Moderating Effect of Shared Vision”, Journal of Small Business Management, 2016 (with Michael Keller, Tessa C. Flatten, Malte Brettel).
- “Corporate Culture and Absorptive Capacity: The Moderating Role of National Culture Dimensions on Innovation Management”, International Business Review, 2016, 25 (5), 1149-1168 (with Daniel R. Adams, Tessa C. Flatten, Malte Brettel).
- ”Examining Cross-functional Coopetition as a Driver of Organizational Ambidexterity”, Industrial Marketing Management, 2016, 57, 40-52 (with Marcel M. Meuer, Tessa C. Flatten, Malte Brettel).
- “Organizational Antecedents of Cross-functional Coopetition: The Impact of Leadership and Organizational Structure on Cross-functional Coopetition”, Industrial Marketing Management, 2016, 53, 42-55 (with Marcel M. Meuer, Tessa C. Flatten, Malte Brettel).
- “Improving the Performance of Business Models with Relationship Marketing Efforts – an Entrepreneurial Perspective”, European Management Journal, 30 (2), 85-98, 2012 (with Malte Brettel, Tessa C. Flatten).
Double-blind refereed conference papers (Selection)
- “How Information Technology Supports Building New Product Development Capabilities – A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective”, 2016 Innovation and Product Development Management Conference, Glasgow, UK (with Timo Mauerhoefer, Malte Brettel).
- “How Information Technology Impacts Product and Process Modularity”, 2016 Innovation and Product Development Management Conference, Glasgow, UK (with Timo Mauerhoefer, Malte Brettel).
- “Short and Long-Term Effects of Entrepreneurial Orientation on Firm Performance: A 14-Year Study”, 2016 Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, Anaheim, USA (with Bastian Grühn).
- “What Drives Product Return Behavior in E-Commerce”, 2016 American Marketing Association (AMA), Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference, Atlanta, USA (with Jingnan Zhu, Malte Brettel).
- “Investor Involvement - An Attention Based View Lens on Conflict Antecedents”, 2016 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), Bodø, Norway (with Christopher Ney).
- “Entrepreneur’s Human Capital – Does It Also Translate Into Successful Exits?”, 2016 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), Bodø, Norway (with David Feierabend).
- “Navigating Through Uncertain Times: Effectual Orientation in Established Companies and its Impact on Performance”, G-Forum 2016, Leipzig, Germany (with Andrea Reinshagen).
- “Positive Affect Matters: Predicting Mentoring and Networking Behaviors of Entrepreneurs”, 2015 RENT XXIX - Research in Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Zagreb, Croatia (with Markus Erken, Malte Brettel).
- “Business Model Design, Organizational Structure, and Firm Size: A Test of Performance Implications”, 2010 Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, Montréal, Canada.
- “Business Model Design and Relationship Marketing Efforts in Entrepreneurial Ventures”, 2010 American Marketing Association (AMA), Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference, Boston, USA (with Malte Brettel).