Dr. Paul Blazek is founder and CEO of cyLEDGE Media, a research driven digital agency in Austria that works with its partners to define digital experiences and tools, combining function and emotion. Paul started several research projects to generate knowledge about upcoming standards and success factors of customer interaction approaches, including the Configurator Database Project, that became the world's largest collection of web-based product configurators for mass customization (www.configurator-database.com). With his agency teams, Paul has been responsible for more than 300 communication projects for national and international clients, He also has been involved in several startups in Austria, Germany and the US.
Paul teaches mass customization and recommendation marketing at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts and the University of Applied Science in Salzburg, is founding member of the International Institute on Mass Customization and Personalization (IIMCP), and a research fellow of the Peter Pribilla Foundation. Paul studied at the RWTH Aachen University and the University of Vienna and achieved his Ph.D. at the University of Göttingen.
- Digital Transformation
- Startup Ecosystems
- Mass Customization
- Customer Activation & Engagement
- User Experience Design
- Social Media
- FELFERNIG, Alexander / TIIHONEN, Juha / BLAZEK, Paul (2015): Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Personalization & Recommender Systems in Financial Services (FINREC 2015), CEUR-WS, Vol. 1349
- LUNDBERG, Hans / SUTHERLAND, Ian / BLAZEK, Paul / PENZENSTADLER, Birgit / HABICHT, Hagen (2014): The Emergence of Creativity, Innovation and Leadership in Microlevel Social Interactions and How to Research it, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management (IJIEM), Vol.5, No. 4, 2014, 221-232
- STREICHSBIER, Clarissa / BLAZEK, Paul / PARTL, Martina (2014): The Impact of the Product User Interface on Customer Purchase Decisions, Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Mass Customization and Personalisation in Central Europe (MCP-CE 2014), Novi Sad, 190-194
- BLAZEK, Paul / PARTL, Martina / STREICHSBIER, Clarissa (2014): Configurator Database Report 2014, Combeenation Edition, Raleigh, NC: Lulu Inc.
- KOLB, Monika / BLAZEK, Paul / STREICHSBIER, Clarissa (2014): Food Customization – An Analysis of Product Configurators in the Food Industry, in: BRUNOE, Thomas D. / NIELSEN, Kjeld / JOERGENSEN, Kaj A. / TAPS, Stig B. (Ed.): Proceedings of the MCPC 2014, the 7th World Conference on Mass Customization, Personalization, and Co-Creation, Lecture Notes in Production Engineering, Springer, Cham
- SUTHERLAND, Ian / BLAZEK, Paul / PENZENSTADLER, Birgit / LUNDBERG, Hans / HABICHT, Hagen (2014): InnoTracing: A Framework to Investigate the Moment-to-Moment Unfolding of Leadership, Creativity and Innovation, in: BRUNOE, Thomas D. / NIELSEN, Kjeld / JOERGENSEN, Kaj A. / TAPS, Stig B. (Eds.): Proceedings of the MCPC 2014, the 7th World Conference on Mass Customization, Personalization, and Co-Creation, Lecture Notes in Production Engineering, Springer, Cham
- PILLER, Frank / BLAZEK, Paul (2014): Core Capabilities of Sustainable Mass Customization,
- in: FELFERNIG, Alexander/ HOTZ, Lothar / BAGLEY, Claire / TIIHONEN, Juha (Eds.): Knowledge-based Configuration: From Research to Business Cases, Morgan Kaufmann-Elsevier, Waltham
- FELFERNIG, Alexander / BLAZEK, Paul / REINFRANK, Florian / NINAUS, Gerald (2014): User Interfaces for Configuration Environments, in: FELFERNIG, Alexander/ HOTZ, Lothar / BAGLEY, Claire / TIIHONEN, Juha (Eds.): Knowledge-based Configuration: From Research to Business Cases, Morgan Kaufmann-Elsevier, Waltham