- Research at the Interface of Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing, Science Studies and Innovation Research
- Postdoc at the Institute for Applied Data Science & Finance, Bern University of Applied Sciences
- Postdoc at the Institute for Technology and Innovation Management (TIM), RWTH University
- Research Associate at the Chair for Innovation, Strategry, and Organisation (ISO), RWTH University
- Doctoral Studies at the Faculty of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University. Dissertation title: "Essays on Text Mining: Methodological Advances and Practical Applications to Scientific Texts"
- Studies of Management, Business and Economics (M.Sc.)
- Studies of Computer Science (Dipl.-Inform.) with majors in Datamining and Dataexploration, Networks and Communication, Graphtheory and Efficient Algorithms at RWTH Aachen University
- Working Experience as a Founder in the Field of Application Development & Network Services
- Student Assistant at the Technology and Innovation Management Group and the Data Management and Data Exploration Group at RWTH Aachen University
- Matthias Rüdiger, David Antons, and Torsten-Oliver Salge (2022): Topic Modeling Revisited: New Evidence on Algorithm Performance and Quality Metrics. PLOSOne.
- Matthias Rüdiger, David Antons, and Torsten-Oliver Salge (2021): The Explanatory Power of Citations -
A New Approach to Unpacking Impact in Science. Scientometrics.
- Matthias Rüdiger (2020): Essays on Text Mining: Methodological Advances and Practical Applications to Scientific Texts. Dissertation.
- Matthias Rüdiger, David Antons, and Torsten-Oliver Salge (2018): Unpacking Impact in Science: The Explanatory Power of Citations. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), San Francisco.
- Matthias Rüdiger, David Antons, and Torsten-Oliver Salge (2017): From Text to Data: On the Role and Effect of Text Pre-Processing in Text Mining Research. Academy of Management Meeting (AOM), Atlanta.
- Stephan Günnemann, Ines Färber, Matthias Rüdiger and Thomas Seidl (2014): SMVC - Semi-Supervised Multi-View Clustering in Subspace Projections. ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), New York.
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computational Linguistics
- Data Mining and Text Mining