Affiliated Professors - Visiting Professor
RWTH Aachen TIM,
Stephan Hankammer is Assistant Professor for Sustainable Management and Entrepreneurship at Alanus School of Arts and Social Sciences and Affiliated Researcher at the Technology and Innovation Management Group at RWTH Aachen University. He studied Business Administration, European Studies and Philosophy at the Universities of Münster, Granada, Marburg and Seville. He received his PhD from RWTH Aachen University for his dissertation on customized and collaborative value creation from the perspective of sustainability. In 2016 he spent 3 month as a visiting researcher at Politecnico di Milano. In his research, Stephan Hankammer focuses on sustainability oriented innovation management, especially collaborative value creation, sustainable mass customization, sustainable business models and degrowth.
- Sustainability oriented innovation management
- Mass Customization and Sustainability
- Industrie 4.0 and Sustainability
- Collaborative Value Creation
- Degrowth and Business
- Hankammer, S., Nielsen, K., Piller, F.T., Schuh, G., Wang, N. (Eds.): Customization 4.0. Proceedings of the 9th World Mass Customization & Personalization Conference (MCPC 2017), Aachen, Germany, November 20th-21st, 2017, Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77556-2 .
- Hankammer, S., Kleer, R., (2017): “Collaborative Value Creation from a Degrowth Perspective”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 179, 1711-1718, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.03.046.
- Hankammer, S., Jiang, R., Kleer, R., Schymanietz, M., (2017): “Are modular and customizable smartphones the future, or doomed to fail? A case study on the introduction of sustainable consumer electronics”, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology (In press), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirpj.2017.11.001.
- Hora M., Hankammer, S., Canetta, L., Kaygın Sel, S., Gomez, S., Gahrens, S., (2016): “Designing Business Models for Sustainable Mass Customization: A Framework Proposal”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 7 (4), 143-152.
- Hankammer, S., Jiang, R., Kleer, R., Schymanietz, M., (2016): “From Phonebloks to Google Ara. A Case Study of the Application of Sustainable Mass Customization”, Procedia CIRP, 51, 72-78, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2016.04.157 .
- Hankammer, S., Hora, M., Canetta, L., Kaygın Sel, S., (2016): “User-Interface Design for Individualization Services to Enhance Sustainable Consumption and Production”, Procedia CIRP, 47, 448-453, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2016.03.077 .
- Hankammer, S., Steiner, F., (2015): “Leveraging the sustainability potential of mass customization through product service systems in the consumer electronics industry”, Procedia CIRP, 30, 504-509, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2015.03.007 .
- Pourabdollahian, G., Steiner, F., Horn Rasmussen, O., Hankammer, S., (2014): “A Contribution toward a Research Agenda: Identifying Impact Factors of Mass Customization on Environmental Sustainability”, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 5(4), 169-178.