Affiliated Professors - Visiting Professor
RWTH Aachen TIM,
Stephan Hankammer is Professor of Sustainable Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Vice Dean of the Department of Business at Alanus University of Arts and Social Sciences. He heads the Sustainable Business program there, teaches Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Sustainability Management and Innovation Management, and conducts research on sustainable business models that contribute to the regeneration of ecological and social systems. Stephan Hankammer studied Business Administration, European Studies and Philosophy at the Universities of Münster, Granada, Marburg and Seville. At the Institute for Technology & Innovation Management at RWTH Aachen University, he completed his PhD on the topic of collaborative value creation from a sustainability perspective. He is co-founder and scientific director of the Institute for Regenerative Economics (REGWI).
- Sustainability oriented innovation management
- Mass Customization and Sustainability
- Collaborative Value Creation
- Regenerative Business Logics
- Post-Growth and Business
- Hankammer, S., Kleer, R., Piller, F.T., (2021): „Sustainability nudges in the context of customer co-design for consumer electronics“, Journal of Business Economics, 91(6), 897-933, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11573-020-01020-x.
- Hankammer, S., Kleer, R., Mühl, L., Euler, J. (2021): “Principles for organizations striving for sustainable degrowth: Framework development and application to four B Corps”, Journal of Cleaner Production, 300, 126818, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.126818.
- Euler, J., Acksel, B., Hankammer, S., (2020): „Practice Turn in der Commons-Forschung“, Ökologisches Wirtschaften, 33(1), 28-29.
- Hankammer, S., Antons, D., Kleer, R., Piller, F.T., (2020): „Taking stock of customization research: A computational review and interdisciplinary research agenda“, Social Science Research Network (SSRN), 3632997, https://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3632997.
- Hankammer, S., Brenk, S., Fabry, H., Nordemann, A., & Piller, F. T. (2019). „Towards circular business models: Identifying consumer needs based on the jobs-to-be-done theory.” Journal of Cleaner Production, 231, 341-358, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.05.165.
- Hankammer, S., Nielsen, K., Piller, F.T., Schuh, G., Wang, N. (2018): Customization 4.0, Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77556-2 .
- Hankammer, S., Kleer, R., (2018): „Degrowth and collaborative value creation: Reflections on concepts and technologies.“ Journal of Cleaner Production 197, 1711-1718, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.03.046.
- Hankammer, S., Jiang, R., Kleer, R., Schymanietz, M., (2018): “Are modular and customizable smartphones the future, or doomed to fail? A case study on the introduction of sustainable consumer electronics”, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, 23, 146-155, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirpj.2017.11.001.
Profile at Linkedin
Profile at Alanus University of Arts and Social Sciences
Profile at REGWI