PersonDr. rer. pol.
- Platform manager of the MCKN.eu portal for mass customization.
- Coordination of presentations for student internships.
- Partnership / Exchange program with the ETM department at Portland State University.
- Member of all examination boards for the interdisciplinary Business Administration and Engineering Programs ("Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen") at RWTH Aachen University.
- Research Associate at the Technology and Innovation Management Group since September 2009.
- Studies of business administration and engineering with majors in automotive engineering at RWTH Aachen University from 2003 to 2009 (diploma degree).
- Studies of engineering management at Portland State University from 2006 to 2007 (M.Sc.).
- Teaching experience as tutor and lecturer for the courses “Introduction to business administration”, “Strategic Technology and Innovation Management” and “Interactive Value Creation”.
- Project manager for the research project REMPLANET (www.remplanet.eu) and the MCKN.eu platform. Participation in the research project EMOTIO (emotio.tim.rwth-aachen.de). Since 2011 Frank is a stipendiary at the DFG Graduate Researcher Program 1491 on Ramp-Up Management (www.anlaufmanagement.rwth-aachen.de).
- Mass Customization
- Solution Space Development
- Strategic Management
- Sustainable Development
- Business Model Innovation
- Analytical techniques: qualitative data analysis, SEM
- Software: SPSS, Amos, SmartPLS
- Data: data sets from several surveys that were conducted by the TIM group
- Steiner, F. & Hergenröther, I. (2013): Modular product architectures as an enabler of the simultaneous application of a mass customization strategy and efficient ramp-up management, in: International Journal of Product Development (accepted for publication).
- Steiner, F., Ihl, C., Piller, F.T. & Tarman, R.T. (2011): Learning from the Customer: Identifying Changing User Needs during Product Usage through Embedded Toolkits for User Innovation, in: Engineering Management Journal, 23 (4): 3-13.