PersonDr. rer. pol.
- Phone: +49 241 80 93511
- nach Vereinbarung
Dirk Lüttgens studied business administration at the RWTH Aachen University. He received his phd supervised by Prof. Schröder on the subject: “Integration of external knowledge in the innovation process: an empirical analysis.“ He works at the TIM Institut as a Assistant Professor and Post-Doc since 2011. Dirk has conducted research and industry projects, which were funded by different institutions, with leading firms in Europe on topics including: Innovation process management; Open Innovation; Innovation Intermediaries, Technology Procurement Strategies; Business Model Innovation. Dirk gives lectures on different subjects like: “Management of the innovation process” and “ Empirical analysis of innovation networks.”
- Design of (open) innovation processes
- Business Model Innovation
- Success factors of interorganizational cooperations and networks in R&D
- Crowdsourcing and distributed problem solving in cooperation with Innovation platforms and intermediaries
Prices and Scholarships
- Finalist of the M-Price for Management Innovation, awarded by Harvard Business Review and McKinsey, 2013
- Borchers Badge Award of RWTH Aachen University for PHD Dissertation
- Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service, short DAAD
- Lüttgens, D. & Antons, D. (2013): A more holistic perspective on corporate technological portfolio planning: The case of the energy sector. Proceedings of the XXIV ISPIM Conference, Finland 2013.
- Piller, F., Lüttgens, D. & Pollok, P. (2013): Open Innovation: Methoden und Erfolgsbeurteilung, WiSt Heft 11 ·S.607-614
- Lüttgens, D., Antons, D., Pollok, P. & Piller, F. (forthcoming): Wisdom of the Crowd and Capabilities of a Few: Internal Success Factors of Crowdsourcing for Innovation, Journal of Business Economics.
- Antons, D., Lüttgens, D., Pollok, P. & Piller, F. (2012): The process of a broadcast project. Proceedings of the XXIII ISPIM Conference, Barcelona 2012.
- Lüttgens, D. (2011): Die Einbindung externen Wissens in den Innovationsprozess – Eine empirische Analyse. Diss. RWTH-Aachen, Dr. Kovac-Verlag: Hamburg