PersonDr. rer. pol.
- Phone: +49 241 80 99187
- By appointment only
- Research at the Interface of Data Mining/Text Mining, Bibliometrics and Science Studies as well as Innovation Research
- BMBF-supported Research Project InnoMetrics - Development of innovation metrics for measuring novelty based on real-time text mining methods
- BMBF-supported Research Project IMPRO - Fully automated content analysis of citation environments bringing bibliometrics and text mining together.
- Coaching and supervision of students
- Courses: Quantitative Innovation Research (QIR), Introduction to Business Administration (IBA)
- Research Associate at the Institute for Technology and Innovation Management (TIM) since October 2014
- Doctoral Studies at the Faculty of Business and Economics (Dr. rer. pol.) at RWTH Aachen University. Dissertation title: "Essays on Text Mining: Methodological Advances and Practical Applications to Scientific Texts"
- Studies of Management, Business and Economics (M.Sc.)
- Studies of Computer Science (Dipl.-Inform.) with majors in Datamining and Dataexploration, Networks and Communication, Graphtheory and Efficient Algorithms at RWTH Aachen University
- Working Experience as a Founder in the Field of Application Development & Network Services
- Student Assistant at the Technology and Innovation Management Group and the Data Management and Data Exploration Group at RWTH Aachen University
- Matthias Rüdiger, David Antons, and Torsten-Oliver Salge (2018): Unpacking Impact in Science: The Explanatory Power of Citations. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), San Francisco
- Matthias Rüdiger, David Antons, and Torsten-Oliver Salge (2017): From Text to Data: On the Role and Effect of Text Pre-Processing in Text Mining Research. Accepted for Presentation at the Academy of Management Meeting (AOM), Atlanta
- Stephan Günnemann, Ines Färber, Matthias Rüdiger and Thomas Seidl (2014): SMVC - Semi-Supervised Multi-View Clustering in Subspace Projections. ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), New York
- Information Systems
- Data Mining and Text Mining
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Computational Linguistics
- Analytical Technics: Quantitative Data Analysis, Text Mining, NLP