Institute for Technology and Innovation Management (TIM/ISO)
Kackertstrasse 7, 3rd Floor
- Phone: +49 241 80 96661
Fax Fax: +49 241 80 92367
- Projects: "Open Production Systems" as part of the RWTH Cluster of Excellence "Internet of Production", Toolbox for supplier enabled innovation, Open Innovation Accelerator market report, Design Thinking workshops and long-term projects
- Establishment of the RWTHx MicroMaster program on the e-learning platform edX.org. Development of the MOOCs "Customer Centric Innovation" and "Innovation and Creativity Management".
- Coordination of teaching activities of the TIM Institute, as well as organizing field trips, recognition of study achievements from abroad, and online education for professional development.
- Teaching: Managing the Innovation Process (offline and online courses), Principles of Technology and Innovation Management, Service Design and Engineering, project modules, bachelor and master thesis supervision.
- Organization of networking events.
- Research Associate at the Institute for Technology and Innovation Management (TIM) since September 2016.
- Research Stay at University of Technology Sydney, Australia (February to March 2020).
- Research Stay at Universté Laval, Quebec, Canada from January to July 2016 at the department of Management.
- Studies of business administration with a specialization on innovation, marketing and entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen University and University of Quebec in Montreal (ESG UQAM), Montreal, Canada.
- Working experience in the field of customer relationship management at a German DAX company as well as in the field of open innovation management at a Canadian management consultancy.
- Local Open Innovation
- Digital Open Innovation: Platform Governance
- Open Innovation Intermediaries: Public and Private
- Social Capital in Innovation Ecosystems
- Leckel, A. (2021). Open Innovation and Entrepreneurship. In: World Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurship. Edward Elgar Publishing, 483-491.
- Leckel, A., Veilleux, S., & Dana, L. P. (2020). Local Open Innovation: A means for public policy to increase collaboration for innovation in SMEs. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 153, 119891.
- Linnartz, M., & Leckel, A. (2020). Data Sharing im Supply-Chain-Management: Ein Assistenzsystem für die Bewertung und Gestaltung der Offenheit und des Vertrauensniveaus zwischen Supply-Chain-Partnern. ZWF Zeitschrift für wirtschaftlichen Fabrikbetrieb, 115(9), 563-566.
- Leckel, A., Randhawa, K., & Piller, F. T. (2021). Seekers’ and Solvers’ Interaction Design Preferences for Open Innovation Platforms. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2021, No. 1, p. 12654). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
- Leckel, A., Randhawa, K., & Piller, F. (2020). Seekers’ and solvers’ platform design preferences for value creation and value capture on open innovation platforms: a choice experimental approach. World Open Innovation Conference (WOIC), Berkeley, USA, 10-11 December.
- Leckel, A. (2020). The Mediating Role of Value Capture–Investigating Determinants of Social Capital on OI Platforms. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2020, No. 1, p. 14629). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management.
- Leckel, A, Diener, K., Piller, F. (2019). Building Social Capital on Open Innovation Platforms. Presented at R&D Management Conference, Paris, 20 June, and at the Open and User Innovation Conference (OUI), Utrecht, Netherlands, 9 July.
- Leckel, A., Piller, F. T., Diener, K., Veilleux, S., & Deutsch, C. (2017). Local Open Innovation: How Spatial Closeness Facilitates Profiting from Distant Search. In Academy of Management Proceedings (Vol. 2017, No. 1, p. 15939). Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management. Also presented at R&D Management Conference, Leuven, Belgium, 3 July.
- Leckel, A., Veilleux, S., Dana, L.P. (2017). Local Open Innovation for SMEs and regional development: Increasing collaboration for innovation in SMEs. International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM), Vienna, Austria, 19 June.
- Leckel, A., Veilleux, S., Deutsch, C. (2016). The Motivations of Problem Solvers to Engage in Local Open Innovation Events. 16th International Schumpeter Society Conference (ISS 2016), Montreal, Canada, 8 July.
- Leckel, A., Veilleux, S., Deutsch, C. (2016). Effective problem solving through local open innovation intermediaries: Theoretical validation of an empirical open innovation methodology. 17th conference of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC 2016), Edmonton, Canada, 5 June.