- Development of a data-driven innovation toolkit within the Exzellencluster "Internet of Production"
- Financial planning, budget control and chair administration
- System administrator
- Coaching and supervision of students
- Lecturer in project management for geo-engineers
- RWTH Aachen University, Institute for Technology and Innovation Management, Research Associate, since October 2016
- Hochschule Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences, Studies of Business Information Systems, 2011 - 2016
- REWE Systems GmbH, Architecture and Frameworks, especially Enterprise Architecture Management, 2014 - 2016
- ANASOFT TECHNOLOGY AG, Software Development and Software Testing, 2013 - 2014
- mediadeal GmbH, Apprenticeship as Office Management Assistant, 2008 - 2010
Topics and Interests:
- Creativity & teams
- Data-driven innovation
- Innovation methods
- Data science & analytics
- Game studies
- Analytical methods: Data & web mining, quantitative data analysis
- Programming languages and tools: JAVA, R, STATA, SQL, VBA, Python, Gephi
- Best Runner Up PhD Project Award. Research and Development Management Conference 2018. Milan, Italy.
- Pollok, P., Amft, A., Diener, K., Lüttgens, D., & Piller, F. T. (2021). Knowledge diversity and team creativity: How hobbyists beat professional designers in creating novel board games. Research Policy, 104174.
- Witzel, A., Lüttgens, D., Piller, F. (2018). Why Consumer beats Company Innovation: Assessment of Creativity in Hedonic Products. In Research and Development Management Conference 2018. Milan, Italy.
- Witzel, A. (2017). Measuring Innovation Performance with Creativity between Free, Closed and Open Innovators. Working Paper in 15th Annual Open and User Innovation Conference. Innsbruck, Austria.