ACISS 2019 – A Review
RWTH Aachen University’s School of Business and Economics hosted the fifth Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS) from August 26 to September 27, 2019. The curriculum comprised six intensive, five-day courses held by seven outstanding instructors from the Imperical College London, the Universidad de Chile, the University of Vienna, the University of Melbourne and RWTH Aachen University. The program’s overall reception among participants was consistently positive, as the following survey results demonstrate:
- 93.08% of all asked participants evaluate the lecturer as good or better.
- 80.98% of all asked participants evaluate the seminar concept as good or better.
- 78.94% of all asked participants find the course interesting.
- 74.08% of all asked participants learned a lot about the discipline.
Moreover, participants express their appreciation of the program and demonstrate its relevance not only for PhD students and post-docs, but also for research interested Master students in the following statements:
- “I enjoyed coming up with my own research proposal under time pressure.”
- “Very helpful to have done the questionnaire in english and now to know what I have forgotten since the end of my studies and should refresh.”
- “The topic is very interesting, and the examples are well selected, I learned something.”
- „I feel more confident and prepared for my master thesis.”
- “A very positive experience with many takeaways.”
- “Very friendly atmosphere and good mix of Master and PhD students.”
Below, you can find some further statistics that provide a good overview of last year’s ACISS program.
- 37.77% PhD students (2.96% external PhDs)
- 45.93% Master students
- 16.30% MME-Time Students
Average course evaluation
- Instructors: 1.3
- General: 1.6
We hope our review has awakened your interest for the 2020 Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS). We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of this year’s courses!