ACISS 2020 - A Review
RWTH Aachen University’s School of Business and Economics hosted the sixth Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS) from August 24 to September 25, 2020. This year, because of Coronavirus, the curriculum just comprised four intensive, five-day online courses held by four outstanding instructors from the Universidad de Chile, the University of Copenhagen, the University of Erfurt and RWTH Aachen University. The program’s overall reception among participants was consistently positive, as the following survey results demonstrate:
- All asked participants evaluate the lecturer as good or better.
- All asked participants evaluate the seminar concept as good or better.
- 89,43% of all asked participants find the course interesting.
Moreover, participants express their appreciation of the program and demonstrate its relevance not only for PhD students and post-docs, but also for research interested Master students in the following statements:
- “I gained a proper understanding of how papers are written in a scientific way and how they are evaluated.”
- “The lecturer was highly engaged and excited about the content, he presented. That was very helpful, especially for the online format.”
- “The course contents were really interesting, up-to-date and well-structured for interdisciplinary studies and work.”
- “I really liked that we practiced the knowledge that we gained during the course in STATA. This made the course material very practical.”
Below, you can find some further statistics that provide a good overview of last year’s ACISS program.
- 33.73% PhD students
- 43,37% Master students
- 22.89% MME-Time Students
Average course evaluation
- Instructors: 1.3
- General: 1.5
We hope our review has awakened your interest for the 2021 Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS). We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of this year’s courses.