Innovation Research Seminar
The following details taken from the examination regulations MSWI/15, SMPO 4. Änderungsordnung zum WS 2018/19 are for information purposes only and not legally binding. For legally binding information, please refer to the corresponding official examination regulations of the program Master Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen.
- Master Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
- Course Type:
- Summer term and winter term
- Entire semester
- Course Units:
- Course Limit:
- Erasmus Capacity:
- Compulsory Attendance:
In this seminar, participants will obtain the opportunity to present and/or discuss current research from the field of technology and innovation management broadly defined. The seminar will serve primarily as a forum to solicit constructive feedback on own research projects. As such, it is particularly valuable for Ph.D. students seeking ideas on how to overcome conceptual and/or empirical challenges they find themselves confronted with in the various stages of their project. In addition, the seminar might feature internal and/or external speakers presenting their own research or providing insights into such topics as academic publishing or academic career trajectories.
This seminar seeks to enhance participants’ ability to:
(1) present their own research ideas and findings,
(2) solicit input on theoretical and empirical challenges they are faced with, and
(3) provide constructive feedback on research presented by fellow participants.
(1) Successful completion of at least two master-level courses offered by the TIME Research Area
(2) Solid command of English
(3) Willingness to engage in preparatory readings of research papers
The final grade can be composed as follows:
• Option A: Colloquium & presentation (50%, graded) and paper (50%, graded)
• Option B: Colloquium & presentation (50%, graded) and oral examination (50%, graded, 15min.)
• Option C: Paper (50%, graded) and oral examination (50%, graded, 15min.)
• Option D: Oral examination (100%, graded, 15min.)
All components specified for the respective option need to be passed to pass the module. The exact form of examination (A, B, C or D) will be announced at the start of the course. Unless announced differently, option A applies.
This is a course jointly offered by the TIM (Piller) and ISO (Salge) groups
No information available in English at the moment.