Business Model Innovation in Established Companies
Next to the continuous improvement of the product portfolio, the need to rethink the fundamental basics of a company’s own economic activities, i.e. the business model, gains more and more influence. Pure technological differentiation or an increase in operational efficiency is no longer sufficient when faced by international competition. Companies need to think about new ways of achieving their goals. Hereby, they often realize that their traditional business areas no longer build the foundation of their company.
While innovation management offers several concrete instruments to achieve successful product and service innovation, the derivation of new business models is often unstructured.
- What is business model innovation?
- The business model innovation process: Steps and decision gates.
- Business model patterns: Learning from successful practices.
- Methods and techniques of business model innovation: Canvas, Trend analysis, Creativity techniques, Evaluation methods, Co-Creation.
- Implementation and change management.
- You will learn to recognize and evaluate potentials for new business models.
- You will develop key skills, by means of which the new business models can not only be conceived and introduced, but also successfully implemented.
- The mediated concepts, models and methods are derived from current research at RWTH Aachen University and are supplemented by numerous cases, as well as findings of current research of leading business schools, practical examples and exercises to strengthen the acquired knowledge and methods, and directly apply them in practice.
- The knowledge will then be transferred to a project from your company to develop solutions. The course structure creates a lot of room for discussion with the speakers and other participants.
We will work with you to design a custom in-house course on Business Model Innovation. Please feel free to contact us!
This format is offered in cooperation with RWTH Aachen Academy as an open certificate course. For more information, please visit the official event website.