Start DryHy Project: Water-conscious production of hydrogen and e-fuels in dry regions
In the DryHy project, technologies and processes are being developed to enable resource-conscious, sustainable, and efficient energy and material economy. The goal is to acquire and disseminate relevant knowledge, as well as strengthen an energy and research partnership between Germany and Africa. Against this backdrop, the project consortium, consisting of the Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH (FZJ), the RWTH Aachen University (RWTH), Volkswagen AG (VW), and FEV Europe GmbH (FEV), pursues the overarching project goal of water-conscious production of green hydrogen and synthetic fuels (e-fuels) in dry and sun-rich regions, with a focus on the African continent.
The Institute for Technology and Innovation Management is responsible for developing a holistic and sustainable strategy for technology transfer and the operation of developed solutions. The research topics include, in particular, the development of potential local operational models, the analysis of regional innovation ecosystems, and the consideration of conducive institutional framework conditions.
To ensure a comprehensive examination, both the target region and comparable African contexts are analyzed. Thus, potentials for long-term and sustainable development of the region should also be identified beyond the immediate contribution of the project.
Among other things, the objectives are:
- To derive success factors and conditions for a local operational model,
- To identify robust and transferable business model patterns,
- To analyze ecosystem structures, roles, and control processes, and based on these, develop design parameters and implications for operation models in the target region,
- To examine institutional conditions and their effects on the design of local operation models and innovation ecosystems,
- To identify mechanisms for creating conducive institutional conditions.
If you have any questions about the project, please contact the project coordinator Katharina Thoms at any time.