PersonProf. Dr. rer. pol. habil.
Professor and Head of Group
- Phone: +49 241 80 96359
- monday 11 am, register at email@example.com
Malte Brettel was born in 1967. He holds a degree in engineering and business administration from the Technical University of Darmstadt. In 1996, he received a doctoral degree and in 2003, a post-doctoral Habilitation degree from the WHU Koblenz. Since 2003, Malte Brettel has been Professor of Business Administration and Entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen University. He is co-founder of a successful e-commerce start-up, where he also acted as managing director. In addition to founding several businesses, he has extensive practical experience as a consultant, both for start-up firms and for established companies like Porsche AG and Deutsche Post AG.
- General entrepreneurship
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial finance and controlling
- Entrepreneurial marketing
- Kemper, J./Schilke, O./Brettel, M. (forthcoming): Social Capital as a Micro-Level Origin of Organizational Capabilities, in: Journal of Product Innovation Management.
- Brettel, M./Mauer, R./Engelen, A./Küpper, D. (2012): Corporate Effectuation: Entrepreneurial Action and its Impact on R&D Project Performance, in: Journal of Business Venturing, 27 (2), S. 167-184.
- Engelen, A./Brettel, M. (2012): A Coalitional Perspective on the Role of the R&D Department within the Organization, in: Journal of Product Innovation Management, 29 (3), S. 489-505.
- Brettel, M./Engelen, A./Müller, T./Schilke, O. (2011): Distribution Channel Choice of New Entrepreneurial Ventures, in Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 35 (4), S. 683-708.
- Brettel, M./Heinemann, F./Engelen, A./Neubauer, S. (2011): Cross-Functional Integration of R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing in Radical and Incremental Product Innovations and its Effects on Project Effectiveness and Efficiency, in: Journal of Product Innovation Management, 28 (2), S. 251-269.
- Gruber, M./Heinemann, F./Brettel, M./Hungeling, S. (2010): Configurations of Resources and Capabilities and their Performance Implications: An Exploratory Study on Technology Ventures, in: Strategic Management Journal, 31 (12), S. 1337-1356.