Voice-First – The Rise of Conversational Commerce
- Lehr- und Forschungsgebiet Dienstleistungs- und Technologiemarketing
In recent years, the voice interface has become a growing feature in mobile devices. Industry reports indicate that in mid-2016, 20 percent of Android searches were voice-based and Siri received two bn. requests per week. ComScore predicts that by 2020, 50 percent of all searches will be voice searches. Furthermore, it is anticipated that voice will become the default method to control a variety of interfaces including mobile devices, Internet of Things (IoT) appliances, and automobiles. Conversational commerce refers to transactions (including inquiry, purchase, or customer service) that are increasingly started and completed through chat interfaces, such as messaging apps and voice assistants. The objective is to offer consumers “convenience, personalization, and decision support while people are on the go, with only partial attention to spare”.
• Summary and evaluation of existing literature and applications
• Further literature research
• Analysis of consumer requirements and concerns, challenges and opportunities
• Assessment of managerial implications for companies