Digital sovereignty in the industrial context
- Lehrstuhl für Betriebswirtschaftslehre, insbesondere Technologie- und Innovationsmanagement
At the Institute for Technology and Innovation Management (TIM), Master's theses in the field of Digital Innovation Management and Business Model Innovation are now open. Within the framework of an application-oriented research project, the digital sovereignty of companies is to be defined and analysed in more detail in order to evaluate to what extent it is a success factor for achieving radical or disruptive digital innovations.
As part of the master's thesis, you will complete an empirical study in the form of a qualitative data analysis of expert interviews. During the data collection, you will come into direct contact with experts for digitalisation from the industrial environment and be able to combine their experiences, opinions and views in a scientific study. These findings will be discussed in the light of current and relevant research findings.
- You are a student at RWTH Aachen University with a background in business administration (Master's degree in business administration, industrial engineering or economics)
- You can work independently and contribute your ideas
- You have very good written and spoken German and English skills
- You are interested in the field of digitalisation and Industry 4.0
- You are interested in scientific work, especially in qualitative research
We offer you flexible and needs-oriented supervision, support in becoming acquainted with scientific methods and room for design to incorporate your personal interests into your Master's thesis!
In particular, you can gain important experience in the field of scientific work during intensive collaboration on research projects, gain exciting insights for your own studies and acquire essential skills for your further career.
The introduction to the Master's thesis is scheduled for the next possible date.
We look forward to receiving your application (motivation, curriculum vitae, overview of grades & further proof of qualifications, if applicable), preferably in the form of a PDF document, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Digital innovation management, business model innovation, digital sovereignty, qualitative research, industry