*Start-up cooperation* - An empirical analysis of brand NFT use cases
- Lehrstuhl für Innovation, Strategie und Organisation
- Bachelor; Master
Disclaimer: this thesis will be developed in cooperation with Moonblock, a web3 data analytics start-up. Hence, the thesis will be supervised jointly by the RWTH TIM Institute (academic aspects; Georg Schiffner) and Moonblock (e.g., technical aspects). Please find information on Mooblock, incl. contact information, below. Link to corporate posting: https://moonblock.notion.site/Thesis-An-empirical-analysis-of-brand-NFT-use-cases-m-w-d-3-6-months-3a1f62108bb24844b20e2b521fff492d
Many brands have been launching NFT collections to kick start their Web3 and Metaverse strategy. The companies betting on Web3 are from various industries, with apparel, drinks or luxury sectors the most represented. While many brands started with an auction-based PR activation of 1-of-1 NFTs (e.g. Coca Cola: https://maketafi.com/coca-cola-nft) or pure digital collectibles (e.g. Pepsi: https://www.pepsico.com/our-stories/press-release/pepsi-announces-first-ever-brand-nft-with-pepsi-mic-drop-collection12092021), more use cases and opportunities how to provide utility emerged. Latest examples are NFT-based loyalty program (e.g. Starbucks: https://techcrunch.com/2022/12/08/starbucks-opens-up-its-blockchain-based-loyalty-program-and-nft-community-to-first-beta-testers/) or NFTs as redeemables for physical products “phygitals” (e.g. Nike: https://hypebeast.com/2022/7/rtfkt-x-nike-ar-hoodie-set-to-launch-this-week).
We have a large database with +200 NFT collections that were launched by traditional brands and companies. The goal is to analyze these brand NFT collection landscape, research their use cases and utility, derive a holistic framework/taxonomy how to categorize those and complement our database with those insights. Guiding research question are
- What are the high-level use cases of NFTs for brands and corporates?
- What type of utilities do Brand NFTs offer?
- What are the most adopted use cases of NFTs and how did the trend change over time?
## Your Responsibilities
- Analyze brand NFT collection landscape in our proprietary brand NFT database
- Develop a categorization scheme / taxonomy on how to classify NFT projects (e.g. across PFPs, collectibles, membership passes, utility NFTs, etc.) and apply it to the most insightful database on Brand NFTs in the Web
- Derive macro insights and trends on the state-of-the brand NFT market
## Your Background & competencies
- You are reliable, self-driven and motivated to build something from scratch, you love to enable other people and do not hesitate to get your hands dirty.
- You are enthusiastic about the web3 and NFTs and love analytical challenges
- You like working together with an interdisciplinary, diverse and international team to enhance different aspects our organization.
- You are willing to invest into your personal learning and career development and are available for 3-6 months.
Shoot us a message at email@example.com - we're happy to answer any questions you may have.
## What we do
We believe that every brand will be a web3 brand in the future. We have already seen this with major brands launching NFT collection such as Adidas, Nike, Coca Cola, Gucci, Lamborghini … - and the list goes on and on. At Moonblock we provide marketing and innovation manager the data they deserve. We offer a Web3 Brand Intelligence Solution to find, analyze, and benchmark Web3 projects (starting with NFTs) of brands across industries.
Learn more about us here - Work @ Moonblock: https://www.notion.so/Work-Moonblock-c61cc15c44c148819a173124dcfcb0d6
## Why it matters
- Leveraging the power of consumer and competitor data: For the first time, data on consumer and competitor is accessible on the blockchain that can be utilized to follow best practices, understand consumers better and benchmark performance with peers.
- Embracing main stream adoption of Web3 technologies: Traditional brands launching NFT collection and metaverse experiences are a key channel to onboard the next wave of web3 users into the ecosystem and embrace the technology
- There are decades of brand reputation at risk: Traditional brands spent decades of building up their brand and a loyal audience. This is why it is mission critical to get their web3 go to market entry strategy right in an authentic manner without compromising their brand.
## Why you should consider joining
1. Impact in an early-stage start-up environment: Get the full startup experience during your thesis time. Become part of an early-stage startup and contribute with your research directly to the product. Create impact instead material for the drawer - and finish your degree. Win - Win!
2. Work closely with the Founders: We are an interdisciplinary team with experience at McKinsey, appliedAi, Stanford, MIT and Berkeley that is highly motivated to succeed, but loves to laugh. Work very closely with the founders as the team member #1. Join now and grow your entrepreneurial spirit.
3. Top supporters and investors believe in us: We are supported by first class investors such as W3 Fund, serial entrepreneurs e.g. the founder of Presize or former board directors of large brands (e.g. CTO of Audi). Join now and contribute to showing them they invested wisely!
## Further Readings
- Web3 Is Here To Stay, And The Fashion And Luxury Market Is Going All In: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2022/08/23/web3-is-here-to-stay-and-the-fashion-and-luxury-market-is-going-all-in/?sh=40410f733891]
- Top Brands in Web3, NFTs and the Metaverse: https://www.coindesk.com/web3/top-brands-in-web3-nfts-and-the-metaverse/](https://www.coindesk.com/web3/top-brands-in-web3-nfts-and-the-metaverse/
- The next wave of Web3 is likely to be driven by corporates and B2B opportunities: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/thibaultgenouville_the-next-wave-of-web3-is-likely-to-be-driven-activity-6993509839213592576-rnQc/
- A visual exploration of the REAL use cases of NFTs: https://twitter.com/shivsakhuja/status/1551963510803877888/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.notion.so%2FResources-on-Brand-NFTs-a9db6b9d562c47908512a3bbc8c7c1c6
- NFT Playbook for the World's Top Brands:https://creatoreconomy.so/p/nft-playbook-for-brands](https://creatoreconomy.so/p/nft-playbook-for-brands
- A Web 3.0 a Brands’ Guide by Andrea Lorini: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6980450821603749889](https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6980450821603749889/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios
- 20 Brands Leaping into the Metaverse: https://influencermarketinghub.com/metaverse-brands/amp/#toc-19](https://influencermarketinghub.com/metaverse-brands/amp/#toc-19
Keywords: web3, wallets, crypto , NFTs, Blockchain, DeFi