Technology Acceptance by the Young Generation: An Investigation of the Potential of Hydrogen as a Solution for the Climate Crisis
- Lehrstuhl für Innovation, Strategie und Organisation
Climate change can only be tackled through renewable energies. To counteract the weak points, such as storage as well as transport, hydrogen offers itself as the ideal solution. Electrical energy can be converted to hydrogen, stored, transported more easily, and used elsewhere. However, the complex value proposition of the hydrogen economy cannot be carried by one company alone (see electromobility). By establishing an initially regional hydrogen ecosystem, all relevant partners can be connected and thus jointly focus their strengths on the market.
Is technology even seen by the "young generation" as a way out of the climate crisis?
A study within the framework of the Future Cluster Hydrogen is to investigate influences on the technology acceptance of the "young generation".
For this purpose, a 3D model of the hydrogen landscape including all technologies along the value chain will be used to communicate the technology in different small groups and then, with the help of surveys and interviews, findings on technology acceptance as a way out of the climate crisis will be obtained.
The goal is to find out if and how we can get younger people excited about technologies. In addition, the topic of hydrogen will be investigated to the extent that we can make better recommendations for the integration of the public and isn particular to introduce the younger population to the topic at an early stage.
We offer you flexible and regular supervision, support in learning scientific methods and room for creativity to incorporate your personal interests into your thesis!
- You will investigate interesting research topics in the future industry of hydrogen
- Collaboration in the future cluster hydrogen of the RWTH (information about the future cluster: http://h2-cluster.de)
- Space for your own ideas and interests
- Development of your economic & scientific skills
- You help to build up a regional hydrogen ecosystem
- You can help develop the business models of the future!
- You can establish practical contacts and recommend yourself for a PhD with a very good thesis
If you are enthusiastic about the topic, please send your CV, a short cover letter and a recent grade summary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Hydrogen, technology acceptance, climate change, drivers